Home > GLOBAL UNIVERSITIES > Oxford University Admission

Oxford University Admission

Oxford University Admission

International applicants For Oxford University Admission

Oxford is one of the most global universities in the world. One-third of our students are global citizens (with 17% of undergraduates), who come oxford university admission from over 140 dissimilar countries.

The University has a long experience of recruiting, selecting and supporting global students. Centuries before most of the today’s leading universities existed; we welcomed our first global student, Emo of Friesland, in 1190.

Applying to Oxford University Admission

Being here has opened my eyes to the potential in this world.

Chern Yuen, 3rd year

Admission tutors at the University of Oxford are in search of select the brightest and best students for their courses. This means that (with the exemption of our Medicine course) we have no quotas or targets for global students, so there is a completely open competition for our places.

The application process for global students is exactly the same as it is for United- Kingdom students, with the same closing date of 15 October. Please see the Applying to Oxford University sector of the undergraduate website for more information. There is a only admission round every year, for courses starting in October the following year or for deferred admission in October the year after that.  We do not offer early admission or early choice.

Oxford University Admission

Whilst the application procedure itself is the same, we recognize that there are a number of extra elements global students will need to reflect on when applying to Oxford, including English language necessities, visa, and immigration information as well as interview preparations for global candidates. There are devoted sections within the global student’s section of the website to address these.

English language necessities For Admission Oxford University

All teaching at Oxford University is passed out in English with the exemption of some language-particular teaching and tutors must be sure that you have adequate fluency in written and spoken English to cope with your path from the start. Consequently, all non-native English-speaking applicants must satisfy one of the following necessities:

  • IELTS: overall score of 7.0 (with minimum 7.0 in each of the 4 components)
  • TOEFL paper-centered: overall score of six hundred with a Test of Written English score of 5.5
  • TOEFL (internet-based): overall score of 110 with component scores of minimum: Listening 22, Reading 24, Speaking 25, and Writing 24.
  • Cambridge English: Advanced, too known as the Certificate of Advanced English (CAE): grade And if in use before January 2015, or a score of minimum 185.
  • Cambridge English: Proficiency, too known as the Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): grade B if in use before January 2015, or a score of minimum 185.
  • English Language GCSE, or O-level: grade B (for IGCSE, please see lower)
  • global Baccalaureate Standard Level (SL): score of 5 in English (as Language A or B)
  • European Baccalaureate: score of 70% in English.

Exemptions from this necessity will be reflected on for applicants who have

  • studied the global Baccalaureate program if it is trained in English
  • studied the Singapore Integrated Programme (SIPCAL)
  • been educated permanent in the medium of the English language throughout the two best recent years before the fifteen October application closing date, and who remain in full-time education conducted in the English language until the end of the college year in their home state.


We do not accept IGCSE in either First Language English or English as a Second Language as evidence of English ability.

Before Admission Proof of your English language ability

You do not need to submit proof of your English Language ability when you make your UCAS application.

If you have already achieved the necessary grade, please include the details along with your other credentials in the right sector of your UCAS application.

If you have not yet achieved the necessary grade, this will form part of any conditional offer, and necessity is met by 31 July in the year after you apply.

Visa and immigration information For Oxford University Admission

The Student Information and optional Service provides visa and immigration information to new applicants and to present students studying at Oxford University. This includes how to obtain a visa to study, whether you apply from abroad or within the United Kingdom, correcting visa errors, information about your position and your legal obligations, immigration for family members, journey during your stay and staying on to work after your studies.

International students Oxford University

The University welcomes some of the brightest minds from across the globe to study at Oxford- University each year. Did you know global students make up over a third of all those studying at the University, with 138 nationalities at present represented?

1. Apply for a UK student visa After Admission

Unless you are a European financial Area (EEA) or Swiss state, to attend a full-time course for longer than 6 months you must apply for a Tier 4 (General) Student Visa in your home country before a journey to the United Kingdom and allow adequate time for the visa to be processed. If you are coming to Oxford University for a shorter course (maximum 6 months), taking a distance learning course or undertaking an age of study as a visiting student, you maybe need to apply for either a Short-Term Student Visa or a Tier 4 Student Visa.

2. Accommodation Oxford University

Undergraduate students are assurance college housing in their first year. For graduate students, the offer of a college place does not assurance accommodation.  The Graduate housing Office lets and manages rooms, flats, and houses in and around Oxford city center, on sites owned by the University, to full-time graduate students. Contact the Graduate housing Office to get further information on graduate student properties and how to apply for housing.

If you cannot get family housing prior to your arrival, it is advisable for you to journey here alone a couple of weeks before the start of term and arrange for your family to follow once you have found anywhere right to live.

Note that the United Kingdom Government now requires private landlords to perform an immigration check to make sure you have the right to be in the United- Kingdom before agreeing on a tenancy. All University and college managed housing is exempt from this necessity and no immigration check is necessary. If you are abroad and looking for private housing this check can be done when you appear in the United Kingdom rather than the usual 28 days before the tenancy starts, see section 5.1 of the help for landlords under the heading ‘timing’. If you are trying to arrange private housing and encounter any difficulties with the timing of this immigration check, please inform your college know or EM [email protected]

3. Orientation program and pre-departure Skype events

The undergraduate, graduate and visiting student orientation program is accessible to help you settle into the University and give you guidance about practical aspects of living and studying in the United Kingdom and Oxford.

Pre-departure Skype events are also being held over the summer in the America, China, Hong Kong, Myanmar, and Japan. The Skype briefings consist of a short presentation on visas, orientation, registration and other pre-departure suggestion. Invitations will be sent by email to offer holders with a home/letters address in the near area of each venue in the last week of June.

Alumni groups round the earth also organize fresher’s events, generally in mid to late September, for new scholars embarking on their educational flight at the University.

4. Finding your way to Oxford University from the airports or Eurostar

The discovery your way to Oxford guide provides information about getting to Oxford University from airports and the Eurostar. Inform your college of your appearance time, particularly if you are arriving late at night.

5. Sort out your finances

Visit fees and funding for the suggestion on funding options, managing your financial plan and opening a bank account. The UKCISA website also offers a lead on opening a bank account. If you plan to bring money into the United Kingdom and are arriving from a state outside the European Union you must announce any cash of €15,000 or more (or its equal in other currencies) to customs officers.

6. Medical treatment

Students from Britain, the European Economic Area (EEA) and every country with reciprocal health planning are eligible for free treatment under the state Health Service (NHS). You must apply for a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) that will entitle you to NHS medical treatment during your studies in the United Kingdom. You are advised to apply for an EHIC card before incoming in Oxford- University and reminded that you must show the card if you need medical treatment during your time in the United Kingdom.  Consult the NHS help booklet for more information.

Students from external the EEA who are studying full-time for more than six months and submit for a visa before six April 2015 are entitled to free NHS treatment.  Those who paid the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) as part of a visa application on or after six April 2015 are also acceptable access to the NHS free of charge.  Family members in the United Kingdom as dependants will be eligible for the similar access to the NHS.

Individual hospitals are liable for checking whether a patient is entitled to free treatment, in accordance with the related regulations. In order to set up entitlement, hospitals can ask you to give documentation that supports you and your family’s claim. If you are uncertain whether you are entitled to free hospital treatment, check with the branch of Health at:

If you are not exempt from hospital charges, or only partly exempt for other reasons, you are advised to take out suitable private healthcare insurance for the extent of your stay in the United Kingdom. For main healthcare, you are the suggestion to register by your college doctor or other local General Practitioner (GP).

7. Registering with the police After Admission and Arrived

Students from few countries may have to have their passport scanned or register with the police after they land.

For more information visit now Google.com

Muhammad Adeel
Muhammad Adeel
Muhammad Adeel from sargodha city teacher in superior college sargodha

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *